Friday 9 March 2007

Introduction to St Brides Wentlooge Village

A little bit of background and info before we get going with this Blog. Shall I just mention why I decided to start this blog having never done one before.

In our lovely village we've having a few challenges with getting on Broadband (in this day and age!). We also have unsightly tanks in our gardens for our gas (I thought the war ended years ago). These are supplied by either Calor or Flo Gas.

The 3rd issue is the fact that our bus service only goes to Newport. We don't have one at all that goes directly to Cardiff even though our village is about half-way to both Cities. We have to go by Shanks pony and there are some of those around!! By the way, for those of you who don't know, Newport is now a City with lots going on. We'll cover this in the blog.

That said we have lots and lots of great facilities and things to do in St Brides Wentlooge, in what could be described as a relatively small village. By the way, it's actually called St Brides Wentlooge in the Newport City but to keep it short you'll see me just writing St Brides....

The great thing about blogging, from what I can gather being a newbie, is that I can let you know bit by bit of the news, views and info of St Brides.

Some of the things I'll be letting you know about is where to eat and drink, things to do, places to go. Other topics would be the history of St Brides Wentlooge, how it was, how it is now and what we'd like to see in the future. I'll also be adding some interesting photos.

So come back for more and I'll also tell you a little bit about myself ....

No comments: